Please note that the World Wide Lotto Network contains links to other sites and occasionally allows other sites to be co-branded with the TinBu name. Web sites that are linked to World Wide Lotto Network sites or carry the TinBu brand for co-branding or marketing purposes may have privacy policies which differ from that of the World Wide Lotto Network.
1. What information of yours does the World Wide Lotto Network collect?
Our goal is to become your favorite Internet destination by providing the information, services, and product offerings that are most relevant to you at our web sites or at the web sites that use TinBu data modules. To achieve this goal, the World Wide Lotto Network must collect information so we can understand what makes you different from its millions of other unique users. While you are not required to register for any services on the World Wide Lotto Network, some Products and Services may not function properly or may not be accessible unless you do.
Information collected online is usually defined as being either anonymous or personally identifiable.
- TinBu collects anonymous information, which refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. For example, TinBu collects some information each time a visitor comes to a World Wide Lotto Network site so we can improve the overall quality of the visitor\'s online experience. TinBu collects the visitor\'s IP address (e.g., whether the user is logged on from ibm.com or aol.com), referral data (e.g., the Internet address of the last Web page visited by a user before clicking over to a World Wide Lotto Network site), and browser and platform type (e.g., a Netscape browser on a Macintosh platform). TinBu also collects aggregate search terms from its HotBot and TinBu search services for internal reporting targeted advertising, and the TinBu 50 list of popular search terms. TinBu collects this user information for purposes of product monitoring, product improvement, and targeted advertising. In addition, TinBu collects your responses to online surveys displayed on the World Wide Lotto Network; these anonymous and optional surveys will seek your opinions about the Products and Services or the advertisements displayed on the World Wide Lotto Network. You do not have to register with the World Wide Lotto Network before we can collect this anonymous information.
- Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name and postal address, which may be collected in addition to the anonymous data described above. TinBu collects personal information in the following ways from different parts of its network of Web sites:
1.World Wide Lotto Network Registration: When you register to use one or more sites on the World Wide Lotto Network, you provide TinBu with your name, postal address, ZIP Code, email address, birth date, gender, telephone number, occupation, marital status and other information. While not all of this data is required for our services to function, we are better able to customize your experience if you volunteer complete and accurate information. Users who complete the registration process are given a World Wide Lotto Network ID and can take full advantage of the many offerings across the World Wide Lotto Network.
2. Other Registration: In addition to registration for various services on the World Wide Lotto Network, we may ask you for personal information at other times, including when you enter a sweepstakes, contest or promotion sponsored by the World Wide Lotto Network. As described below, our co-brand partners also ask for personal information. If you purchase premium services we will ask for a valid credit card number. If you choose not to provide the requested information, the World Wide Lotto Network may not be able to offer you some of the personalized services that depend on this type of information to function.
3. Correspondence: If you contact the World Wide Lotto Network, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We do not collect any email addresses of those who communicate with the World Wide Lotto Network via email. We use the information provided so that we may respond to the email.
2. What organization is collecting the information?
When you register for a service within the World Wide Lotto Network, that information is generally collected and maintained solely by the World Wide Lotto Network unless specifically stated otherwise at the point of collection. If data is collected and/or maintained by any company other than TinBu, we will tell you at the point of collection. If you do not want to share your information with that company, you can choose not to use that service.
TinBu runs many promotions and sweepstakes across its Network. These promotions may be sponsored or co-sponsored by third-party companies. Data collected during a promotion is typically shared with the sponsor or co-sponsor. TinBu will inform you at the point of collection whether or not we are sharing your personal data as a result of your participation in a promotion or sweepstakes If you do not want to have the World Wide Lotto Network share your data, you can choose not to participate in the promotion or sweepstakes.
3. What are "cookies" and "Web beacons" and how does TinBu use them?
In addition to the personally identifiable information that TinBu actively collects when you register, we also collect anonymous information passively using cookies and Web beacons. This technology plays an important role in making the Internet work, but there is much confusion among Internet users about what cookies and Web beacons are and how they are used.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from a Web site to the hard drive of your computer so that the site administrator may identify your computer and passively track its activities on the Web site. This unique number identifies your Web browser to our computer system whenever you visit one of the sites in the World Wide Lotto Network. A cookie will not allow a Web site to learn any personally identifiable information (such as your real name and address) that you have not otherwise disclosed.
- Allow us to deliver products and services more efficiently. By storing certain registration and preference information on cookies or associating cookies with registration, preference or profile information stored on our computers, we can deliver products and services that use such information more quickly and efficiently for more users. This information is normally saved in an encrypted form that only TinBu can interpret.
- Prevent others from using your account. On some World Wide Lotto Network sites, cookies help us efficiently determine that only one user is logged on under the same member name at a time.
- Measure statistics such as audience size and traffic patterns. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your personally identifiable information.
Web beacons, also known as clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs, are small image files that TinBu may place on Web pages and within Web-based email newsletters that we send. Working in conjunction with cookies, Web beacons allow TinBu to accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific page on the World Wide Lotto Network and the number of times those pages are displayed. We can also use Web beacons to let us know how many people opened a Web-based email newsletter. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your personally identifiable information.
Without cookies and Web beacons, it would be difficult for TinBu to know which services have a larger audience than others. Tracking audience size helps us to better understand when to launch new services and enhance the current offerings. Keep in mind that any image file on a Web page can act as a Web beacon. Third-party advertising networks for TinBu may use Web beacons in their advertisements.
Because Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies, you can prevent our Web beacon from collecting anonymous information by setting your Web browser to refuse all cookies or the World Wide Lotto Network cookie in particular. Web beacons are built into our Web pages, so non-functional Web beacons will continue to appear even if you refuse the World Wide Lotto Network cookie.
4. How does the World Wide Lotto Network use the information it collects?
Any personally identifiable information you share with TinBu when registering for Products and Services at any of our Network sites is maintained and accessible only by TinBu unless specifically stated otherwise. TinBu requests information from its users so that users can enjoy customized experiences across the World Wide Lotto Network, including personalization services, interactive communications, online games and much more. Most of these Products and Services are available to you at no cost, and TinBu displays advertisements so we can continue to provide great content and services free of charge. We can also better prepare future content based on your interests. The following are examples of how the World Wide Lotto Network may use the information it collects:
- TinBu uses the information collected (both anonymous and personal) to personalize and enhance the content you see on the World Wide Lotto Network, such as news, stock portfolios, weather reports, sports scores, horoscopes, advertisements and more. In some cases, our Products and Services cannot work unless you have volunteered accurate information (for example, we need your valid ZIP Code to display weather conditions in your local area).
- TinBu collects anonymous data and shares it with third-party advertisers in an aggregate form. We will disclose to those advertisers the numbers of TinBu users who have certain demographic characteristics and the number of those people who have seen and "clicked" on a particular display. We will also disclose to those advertisers the overall demographics available regarding who saw and "clicked" on their advertisement. In addition, we may disclose anonymous results from online surveys to third-party advertisers or to TinBu\'s product and service providers. No personally identifiable information will be disclosed as part of this process.
- TinBu also uses the aggregate data to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our registered users and visitors, to measure user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the World Wide Lotto Network, and to analyze how and where best to use our resources Without such data, we would not know which parts of the World Wide Lotto Network are the most popular, and we would not be able to change and update the content and services appropriately. Please note that we may share this aggregate information with third-party companies.
- TinBu collects an aggregate list of search terms from its HotBot and TinBu search services. This information is collected anonymously and used primarily for the purposes of product development, monitoring, and improvement, as well as targeted advertising. Please note, however, that we may share this anonymous information with third-party companies.
- TinBu sometimes uses an individual registered user\'s data to "pre-populate" online forms that are displayed for the purpose of collecting additional individual data by the World Wide Lotto Network, selected third-party sites, and/or sponsors and advertisers.
- TinBu may, from time to time, use your information to contact you about changes or enhancements to Products and Services on the World Wide Lotto Network, issues regarding your account, or World Wide Lotto Network Terms and Conditions violations or suspensions.
- If you enter a sweepstakes or a contest on the World Wide Lotto Network, we will use the information you provided to contact you in the event you win.
- If you told TinBu that you were interested in receiving special offers from select TinBu clients, TinBu or third parties on TinBu\'s behalf (i) will send you email and postal mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you, and (ii) may combine information we have about you with information we obtain about you from third parties for the purpose of providing you with more appropriate products, services, and offerings. If you do not wish to participate in this program, please follow the opt-out instructions set forth in Section 8 of this policy.
- Subscription Customers: Your credit card information is used to collect your recurrent subscription fees for subscription services.
- TinBu Family Membership Customers: Your credit card information is used to verify the age of a parent or guardian. The credit card will not be charged during the TinBu Family Membership registration process, and only the last 4 digits and a transaction number will be stored as proof of transaction. Click here for more information.
Whenever you provide registration information on co-branded or private label sites, that data may be shared with the third-party company providing the service. You should make every effort to read the individual privacy policies of such third parties and make an informed decision on your own whether to continue based upon these sites\' privacy practices and your own discretion. You may opt-out of sharing your information with such providers by choosing not to use that service or content.
When you find goods or services through TinBu Shopping, you submit data directly to the individual merchants from whom you order goods or services. Please review carefully the privacy policies of particular merchants that you access through TinBu Shopping.
If a third party acquires, or otherwise receives in a transaction with TinBu, one or more of the TinBu Products and Services, then TinBu will transfer personally-identifiable information about users of those Products and Services to the third party. The third party will handle the Products and Services in accordance with its own policies and procedures and not in accordance with TinBu policies and procedures. You will be notified if your personally-identifiable information is transferred under these circumstances by an email sent to the email address you provided or by a posting on the site that offers the relevant Products or Services.
TinBu Domains Customers: Users of TinBu Domains will be required to designate an administrative contact and, in some instances, a technical contact for the domain names they register. TinBu will assume that the TinBu member who registers for the TinBu Domains service will serve as these contacts, although users will have the ability to designate other contacts. TinBu will disclose the name, address, phone number, fax number, and email address of the administrative and technical contacts to TinBu\'s domain name provider, which in turn will make such information publicly available through an online WHOIS database.
6. How can you access or edit your information?
The World Wide Lotto Network provides its registered users the ability to access and edit the personal information in their user profiles. You can access your user profile by following these steps:
- Go directly to this page. You will receive a prompt to log in to the Network with your World Wide Lotto Network Member Name and password.
- After you log in, you will be taken to the Membership Information page, which contains your user profile. If you see a field that needs to be updated, click the appropriate Edit button.
- Make the necessary changes and click the Update button to save your changes.
TinBu works with various 3rd party advertisers allowing certain ads to appear inside of TinBu.s web sites and modules. These advertisers can include AOL, Lycos, Yahoo!, Google, Advertising.com, and other approved online advertising groups.
8. What is the opt-out policy for the World Wide Lotto Network?
You can opt out of sharing your personally identifiable information with any third-party service or content providers in any areas of the World Wide Lotto Network by choosing not to use such areas.
If you have a question about the TinBu opt-out process that is not answered here, please send an email to privacy@TinBu.com.
9. What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
The World Wide Lotto Network has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. TinBu uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect any personally identifiable data stored on its computers. Only authorized employees have access to the information you provide us. Credit card numbers used to purchase premium services are encrypted prior to transmission.
While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we take many precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your World Wide Lotto Network ID and password. Please take care when using and storing them. TinBu recommends that you do not divulge your password to anyone. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if several people have access to your personal computer or you are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
10. How does the World Wide Lotto Network comply with the Children\'s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)?
The Children\'s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998 provides safeguards to protect children who use the Internet by regulating the online collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. Because of these safeguards, children under 13 are not able to access or use all Products and Services on the World Wide Lotto Network. Parents of children under 13 can authorize their children to use some of our services by signing up for a TinBu Family Membership.
Parents can learn more about the TinBu Family Membership and obtain detailed answers about our compliance with COPPA by clicking here.
11. What are the policies concerning software downloads?
TinBu may make certain software available for download. This software may be created by TinBu or by third party licensors. The software may be programmed to access our servers and/or third party servers in order for the software to operate and in order to check for program upgrades or enhancements. From time to time, new files may be added to your computer in order to upgrade the software or add new functionality to it. These changes may occur without notice to you. If at any time you wish to uninstall the software program, you may do so by following the instructions that accompany the software. Use of the software will be governed by a separate license agreement.
12. Where is personally-identifiable information stored and processed?
Personal information collected by TinBu may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which TinBu or its agents maintain facilities. By using the World Wide Lotto Network, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
13. What you can do to better protect yourself on the Internet?
Know the risks.
Meeting new people in an online community (chat room, forum, newsgroup, message board, Web page, etc.) is one of the best things about the Internet, but you should always be careful about disclosing personal information such as an actual name, member name, email address, and so on. This information may be collected and used by others within the online community to send unsolicited email messages from other parties, outside the World Wide Lotto Network. Some of the messages you receive may be useful to you, but some may not. In an effort to curtail unsolicited email, TinBu blocks certain email addresses and domains from sending messages to email addresses at our domains.
Department of Education: Parents Guide to the Internet
Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Center for Democracy and Technology
http://www.cdt.org/privacy/ - Data Privacy
http://www.cdt.org/privacy/guide/ - Guide to Online Privacy
Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
Electronic Frontier Foundation - non-profit dedicated to protecting public interest in online privacy.
EPIC.org (Electronic Privacy Information Center)
Georgetown Internet Privacy Study
Net Nanny - child safety software that filters potentially harmful Web sites
Network Advertising Initiative
Online Privacy Alliance
The Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
Tell your children: "Never talk to strangers!"
While TinBu works hard to protect children on the sites within the World Wide Lotto Network, we cannot protect their privacy once they leave. Please teach children that they should not reveal their names or other personal information to anyone they encounter on the Internet. They should also be instructed not to fill out any forms or register at any Web site without your knowledge and consent. Parents can also prevent or limit a child\'s access to inappropriate material on the Web by using commercially available parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) Take advantage of the online resources for parents available on the World Wide Lotto Network, such as GetNetWise.
Use PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) http://www.pgp.com or another encryption program.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to: privacy@TinBu.com