Powerball and Mega Millions News
Get the latest Powerball and Mega Millions news right here. Find out about all the major events from both of these multi-state lotteries, whether it is a jackpot being claimed, a big upcoming draw or news about changes to either game. View the headlines below and select a story to read more.
Who Will Be Powerball’s First Millionaire of the Year for 2023?
The ‘Powerball First Millionaire of the Year’ promotion will see a player bring in 2023 in the grandest of styles by winning $1 million live on television.
Illinois Winners Beat Deadline To Claim Mega Millions Cash Sum
The Illinois winners of the $1.3 billion Mega Millions jackpot from July have come forward in time to claim the money as a lump sum payment. It is the third-largest prize in lottery history and the players have taken the option to stay anonymous.
$1.3 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot Goes To Illinois
Mega Millions players in Illinois have been urged to check their tickets after someone in the state won a jackpot of $1.337 billion in the latest drawing on Friday, July 29.
$790 Million Mega Millions Jackpot is 3rd-Highest Ever
The Mega Millions jackpot has rocketed to an incredible $790 million after no ticket matched all six numbers to win it on Friday night. The prize has a cash lump sum value of $464.4 million.
Mega Millions Jackpot Soars to $440 Million
The Mega Millions top prize has risen to $440 million ($247.8 million cash option), the 11th-largest jackpot in the game's history and its highest value in nearly 14 months.
Vermont Gets First Powerball Jackpot Win
Vermont has its first-ever Powerball jackpot winner, after a single ticket sold in the state scooped the estimated $366.7 million top prize in Wednesday’s draw.
- WI Couple Claim Half of $632.6 Million Powerball Prize
- $421 Million Mega Millions Winner in California
- Tickets in California and Wisconsin Win $632.6 Million Powerball Jackpot
- Wednesday Powerball Jackpot Hits $630 Million
- Powerball First Millionaire of 2022 is Brian Mineweaser of PA
- $699.8 Million Powerball Prize Hit in CA
- $432 Million Mega Millions Jackpot Ticket Sold in New York
- Mega Millions Jackpot Won in Illinois
- $285.6 Million Powerball Ticket Sold in Florida
- Maryland Group Claims $731.1 Million Powerball Win
- Monday Powerball
- Idaho to Keep Playing Powerball After August
- $1.05 Billion Mega Millions Prize Claimed by MI Lottery Club
- DC Man is Powerball First Millionaire of the Year
- Michigan Player's Accidental Mega Millions Purchase Won Him $2 Million
- California Player Claims $22 Million MegaMillions Jackpot
- NC Former 911 Operator of 31 Years Wins Powerball Prize
- New Powerball Draw Show Debuts Wednesday
- First Mega Millions Jackpot Win for Wisconsin
- $232 Million South Dakota Powerball Winner Selling Ranch